Monday, October 4, 2010

Sorry...

I know it's been forever. SO MUCH has been going on that I can't begin to cover it all. I've been really truly happy here in the city since we last talked. Stressed, but happy. Randi and Ronnie Porter will be here in 10 days. I cannot wait!! We get to celebrate my birthday and their anniversary together!
Ok, I just have to take a minute to say how inspired I am by Ben Davis. You guys, he's lost 120 lbs in 21 mos. He's become a national hero. He's been videoing his journey and posting them on YouTube. He's already been on Fox News and will be on The Today Show Monday, October 18th. He wanted me to be sure and let everyone know we went on a date in 11th grade! ha! I'm darn proud to say that too! :) Check out these links.
 http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/post/1217112157/fox-business-interview-short-and-sweet-and
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU&list=QL&feature=BF
I just had to tell you guys about him so even more people can love and support such a wonderful and inspirational person :)
Well, I've made myself a new friend ;) That's pretty much taken up most of my time. I've been able to explore a lot of places in Downtown, West & East Village. I love it down there! Great night life for us youngins!
I went to Bloomingdale's the other day and Elizabeth Hurley was in there. I thought that was pretty cool. You can tell my teeny bopper days are over though. People were crowding around getting their phones out to take pics. I got a glance, only b/c I was headed that direction to look at perfume. I looked at her, considered a pic, shrugged it off and tried to get out of the crowd. Can't say I'd do the same if it were Justin Timberlake. Speaking of my boyfriend, we're going to celebrate my bday at his restaurant Southern Hospitality. I won't be mad if he just happens to be there :) It's been cold and rainy the past 2 weeks, BUT so far the forecast for my bday is no rain and clear skies!! Hope it stays that way for Randi and Ronnie's stay!!
So one of the other supervisors at work is extremely talented. You can just listen to her sing, listen to her perfect impressions and watch her dancing around and tell. So we started talking the other day and it turns out she's had a bit of acting in her past. She was in a play in the city and after the first show, got a standing ovation and several calls and offers afterward! She was also in a series on HBO. I thought that was all pretty impressive. Mother nature came knocking though and now she's a momma!
I know there are so many other things that have popped into my head to write about since nearly a month ago, but this is all I'm coming up with!
Take care everyone! Love you!

1 comment: